Gent Smaakt is a free culinary festival in the historic centre of Ghent during the Ascension weekend. The festival shows Ghent as a city of taste, a place where architectural, local and culinary heritage comes together.
For five days you can immerse yourself in the Ghent culinary experience on various squares in the heart of the city:
- Korenmarkt: Ghent world cuisine and streetfood
- Klein Turkije: a local market focusing on local and sustainable products
- Goudenleeuwplein: local street food and the place-to-be for the kids
- Poeljemarkt: a culinary hotspot for young chefs and experienced restaurant owners
- Stadshal: Chef’s Island, gastronomic signature dishes from a dozen chefs from Ghent
Even the youngest among us will enjoy Gent Smaakt. The kids can have fun with “Gaston Dragon”, and his gameboards, or they can take part in our kids’ restaurant. Here the youngest visitors can experience how it is to run their own restaurant.
In addition, our (food)exhibitors always pay attention to healthy, vegan and child-friendly dishes.
If you want to do it yourself or you want to learn more about certain food-related topics, you can sign up for one of the many workshops on the program.
Five days of culinary enjoyment in the cosiest and largest open-air restaurant in the centre of Ghent. That tastes great!